Definition of discharge
- the sudden giving off of energy.
- the act of venting. Synonyms: venting.
- a substance that is emitted or released. Synonyms: emission.
- any of several bodily processes by which substances go out of the body; "the discharge of pus". Synonyms: emission, expelling.
- electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field. Synonyms: arc, electric arc, electric discharge, spark.
- the pouring forth of a fluid. Synonyms: outpouring, run.
- the termination of someone's employment (leaving them free to depart). Synonyms: dismissal, dismission, firing, liberation, release, sack, sacking.
- a formal written statement of relinquishment. Synonyms: release, waiver.
- the act of discharging a gun. Synonyms: firing, firing off.
- complete or carry out; "discharge one's duties". Synonyms: complete, dispatch.
- pour forth or release; "discharge liquids".
- free from obligations or duties. Synonyms: free.
- remove the charge from. Antonyms: charge.
- go off or discharge; "The gun fired". Synonyms: fire, go off.
- pronounce not guilty of criminal charges; "The suspect was cleared of the murder charges". Synonyms: acquit, assoil, clear, exculpate, exonerate. Antonyms: convict.
- eliminate (a substance); "combustion products are exhausted in the engine", "the plant releases a gas". Synonyms: eject, exhaust, expel, release.
- leave or unload; "unload the cargo", "drop off the passengers at the hotel". Synonyms: drop, drop off, put down, set down, unload.
- cause to go off; "fire a gun", "fire a bullet". Synonyms: fire.
- release from military service. Synonyms: muster out. Antonyms: enlist.
- become empty or void of its content; "The room emptied". Synonyms: empty. Antonyms: fill.
abort, blast, bleed, blow, blowup, breathe, cannon, cashier, catamenia, clear, conge, congee, corona, corposant, cut, deactivate, deactivation, demob, demobilise, demobilize, detonation, disembroil, disentangle, disinvest, disinvolve, disperse, divest, dot, dust, effluvium, egest, ejaculate, ejaculation, eject, eliminate, elimination, emit, eruct, eruption, escape, evacuation, excrete, excreting, excretion, exemption, expectorate, explosion, exudate, exudation, fester, flashover, flow, fusillade, gun, hemorrhage, immunity, inactivate, inactivation, jet, leak, leakage, liberate, maturate, menses, menstruation, menstruum, outflow, ovulate, pass, period, play, pop, purge, relieve, removal, rheum, scatter, shoot, spew, spirt, sprinkle, spurt, squirt, superannuation, suppurate, transudate, transudation, vindicate, voiding, volley, wharf, whitewash.
barge, charge, enlarge, enlarge, large, marge, recharge, supercharge, surcharge.
Your query has returned 472 words, which include anagrams of discharge as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in discharge.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.