Definition of covered
- overlaid or spread or topped with or enclosed within something; sometimes used as a combining form; "women with covered faces", "covered wagons", "a covered balcony". Antonyms: bare.
- provide with a covering or cause to be covered; "cover her face with a handkerchief", "cover the child with a blanket", "cover the grave with flowers". Synonyms: cover. Antonyms: uncover.
- form a cover over; "The grass covered the grave". Synonyms: cover, spread over.
- span an interval of distance, space or time; "The war extended over five years", "The period covered the turn of the century", "My land extends over the hills on the horizon", "This farm covers some 200 acres", "The Archipelago continues for another 500 miles". Synonyms: continue, cover, extend.
- provide for; "The grant doesn't cover my salary". Synonyms: cover.
- act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest", "The course covered all of Western Civilization", "The new book treats the history of China". Synonyms: address, cover, deal, handle, plow, treat.
- include in scope; include as part of something broader; have as one's sphere or territory; "This group encompasses a wide range of people from different backgrounds", "this should cover everyone in the group". Synonyms: comprehend, cover, embrace, encompass.
- travel across or pass over; "The caravan covered almost 100 miles each day". Synonyms: cover, cross, cut across, cut through, get across, get over, pass over, track, traverse.
- be responsible for reporting the details of, as in journalism; "Snow reported on China in the 1950's", "The cub reporter covered New York City". Synonyms: cover, report.
- hold within range of an aimed firearm. Synonyms: cover.
- to take an action to protect against future problems; "Count the cash in the drawer twice just to cover yourself". Synonyms: cover.
- hide from view or knowledge; "The President covered the fact that he bugged the offices in the White House". Synonyms: cover, cover up.
- protect or defend (a position in a game); "he covered left field". Synonyms: cover.
- maintain a check on; especially by patrolling; "The second officer covered the top floor". Synonyms: cover.
- protect by insurance; "The insurance won't cover this". Synonyms: cover, insure, underwrite.
- make up for shortcomings or a feeling of inferiority by exaggerating good qualities; "he is compensating for being a bad father". Synonyms: compensate, cover, overcompensate.
- invest with a large or excessive amount of something; "She covered herself with glory". Synonyms: cover.
- help out by taking someone's place and temporarily assuming his responsibilities; "She is covering for our secretary who is ill this week". Synonyms: cover.
- be sufficient to meet, defray, or offset the charge or cost of; "Is this enough to cover the check?". Synonyms: cover.
- spread over a surface to conceal or protect; "This paint covers well". Synonyms: cover.
- cover as if with a shroud; "The origins of this civilization are shrouded in mystery". Synonyms: cover, enshroud, hide, shroud.
- copulate with a female, used especially of horses; "The horse covers the mare". Synonyms: breed, cover.
- put something on top of something else; "cover the meat with a lot of gravy". Synonyms: cover, overlay.
- play a higher card than the one previously played; "Smith covered again". Synonyms: cover.
- be responsible for guarding an opponent in a game. Synonyms: cover.
- sit on (eggs); "Birds brood", "The female covers the eggs". Synonyms: brood, cover, hatch, incubate.
- clothe, as if for protection from the elements; "cover your head!". Synonyms: cover, wrap up.
aluminise, aluminize, apply, bank, bark, bedaub, beplaster, besmear, bind, blacklead, blanket, blindfold, blinker, bloody, bread, bridge, brush, butter, cake, canopy, canvas, carpet, clapboard, cloak, clothe, coat, coif, concrete, constellate, course, cowl, crape, crepe, crisscross, cross, crown, daub, discourse, discuss, dot, drape, drive, drown, dust, enclose, enfold, envelop, enwrap, face, feather, felt, flake, flash, flood, foil, ford, frost, glaciate, grass, gravel, grease, hold, hood, hop, ice, indemnify, jacket, jaywalk, lag, laminate, lime, line, mantle, mask, mist, mulch, oil, overlap, overspread, overwhelm, paint, pall, paper, parcel, paste, plank, plaster, recover, reinsure, ridge, robe, roof, sheathe, sheet, shroud, smear, smother, sod, span, splash, spray, spread, spritz, steel, straw, strew, stride, stud, submerge, surface, surround, sweep, take, theologise, theologize, tile, tramp, traverse, turf, veneer, walk, wallpaper, wash, wax, whiteout, whitewash, wrap.
discovered, recovered, recovered, uncovered, undiscovered.
Your query has returned 70 words, which include anagrams of covered as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in covered.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends, Wordscapes and other similar games.