Definition of contained
- gotten under control; "the oil spill is contained".
- include or contain; have as a component; "A totally new idea is comprised in this paper", "The record contains many old songs from the 1930's". Synonyms: comprise, contain, incorporate.
- contain or hold; have within; "The jar carries wine", "The canteen holds fresh water", "This can contains water". Synonyms: bear, carry, contain, hold.
- lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits; "moderate your alcohol intake", "hold your tongue", "hold your temper", "control your anger". Synonyms: check, contain, control, curb, hold, hold in, moderate.
- be divisible by; "24 contains 6". Synonyms: contain.
- be capable of holding or containing; "This box won't take all the items", "The flask holds one gallon". Synonyms: contain, hold, take.
- hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of; "Arrest the downward trend", "Check the growth of communism in South East Asia", "Contain the rebel movement", "Turn back the tide of communism". Synonyms: arrest, check, contain, hold back, stop, turn back.
abnegate, bate, bound, catch, confine, conquer, counteract, countercheck, crucify, curb, damp, deny, enclose, inhibit, limit, mortify, restrain, restrict, retain, subdue, suppress, thermostat, throttle, train, trammel.
ascertained, attained, chained, constrained, drained, entertained, entertained, feigned, ingrained, maintained, ordained, pained, restrained, retained, retained, stained, strained, sustained, trained, unconstrained.
Your query has returned 300 words, which include anagrams of contained as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in contained.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.