Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- back is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 12 points
- back is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 12 points
- back is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 14 points
4 letter words by unscrambling back
3 letter words by unscrambling back
2 letter words by unscrambling back
Definition of back
- related to or located at the back; "the back yard", "the back entrance". Antonyms: front.
- located at or near the back of an animal; "back (or hind) legs", "the hinder part of a carcass". Synonyms: hind, hinder.
- of an earlier date; "back issues of the magazine".
- in or to or toward a former location; "she went back to her parents' house".
- at or to or toward the back or rear; "he moved back", "tripped when he stepped backward", "she looked rearward out the window of the car". Synonyms: backward, backwards, rearward, rearwards. Antonyms: forward.
- in or to or toward an original condition; "he went back to sleep".
- in or to or toward a past time; "set the clocks back an hour", "never look back", "lovers of the past looking fondly backward". Synonyms: backward. Antonyms: ahead, forward.
- in reply; "he wrote back three days later".
- in repayment or retaliation; "we paid back everything we had borrowed", "he hit me and I hit him back", "I was kept in after school for talking back to the teacher".
- the posterior part of a human (or animal) body from the neck to the end of the spine; "his back was nicely tanned". Synonyms: dorsum.
- the side that goes last or is not normally seen; "he wrote the date on the back of the photograph". Synonyms: rear. Antonyms: front.
- the part of something that is furthest from the normal viewer; "he stood at the back of the stage", "it was hidden in the rear of the store". Synonyms: rear. Antonyms: front.
- (football) a person who plays in the backfield.
- the series of vertebrae forming the axis of the skeleton and protecting the spinal cord; "the fall broke his back". Synonyms: backbone, rachis, spinal column, spine, vertebral column.
- the protective covering on the front, back, and spine of a book; "the book had a leather binding". Synonyms: binding, book binding, cover.
- the part of a garment that covers the back of your body; "they pinned a `kick me' sign on his back".
- a support that you can lean against while sitting; "the back of the dental chair was adjustable". Synonyms: backrest.
- (American football) the position of a player on a football team who is stationed behind the line of scrimmage.
- be behind; approve of; "He plumped for the Labor Party", "I backed Kennedy in 1960". Synonyms: endorse, indorse, plump for, plunk for, support.
- travel backward; "back into the driveway", "The car backed up and hit the tree".
- give support or one's approval to; "I'll second that motion", "I can't back this plan", "endorse a new project". Synonyms: endorse, indorse, second.
- cause to travel backward; "back the car into the parking spot". Antonyms: advance.
- support financial backing for; "back this enterprise".
- be in back of; "My garage backs their yard". Antonyms: front.
- place a bet on; "Which horse are you backing?", "I'm betting on the new horse". Synonyms: bet on, gage, game, punt, stake.
- shift to a counterclockwise direction; "the wind backed". Antonyms: veer.
- establish as valid or genuine; "Can you back up your claims?". Synonyms: back up.
- strengthen by providing with a back or backing.
ante, cantle, champion, chine, defend, empennage, flanker, fullback, guarantee, halfback, linebacker, notochord, parlay, poop, quarter, quarterback, stern, tail, tailback, warrant, wingback.
aback, bach, balk, bank, bark, bask, beck, black, bock, buck, hack, jack, lack, mack, pack, rack, sack, tack, yack.
aback, attack, balzac, black, braque, clack, crack, dak, flack, flak, hack, jack, knack, lac, lack, mac, mack, mak, pac, pack.
Words made by unscrambling the letters back plus one letter
aback, black, backs.
Your query has returned 6 words, which include anagrams of back as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in back.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends, Wordscapes and other similar games.