Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- advanced is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 15 points
- advanced is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 15 points
- advanced is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 18 points
8 letter words by unscrambling advanced
7 letter words by unscrambling advanced
6 letter words by unscrambling advanced
5 letter words by unscrambling advanced
4 letter words by unscrambling advanced
3 letter words by unscrambling advanced
2 letter words by unscrambling advanced
Definition of advanced
- farther along in physical or mental development; "the child's skeletal age was classified as `advanced'", "children in the advanced classes in elementary school read far above grade average".
- comparatively late in a course of development; "the illness had reached an advanced stage", "an advanced state of exhaustion".
- ahead of the times; "the advanced teaching methods", "had advanced views on the subject", "a forward-looking corporation", "is British industry innovative enough?". Synonyms: forward-looking, innovative, modern.
- at a higher level in training or knowledge or skill; "an advanced degree", "an advanced text in physics", "special seminars for small groups of advanced students at the University".
- ahead in development; complex or intricate; "advanced technology", "a sophisticated electronic control system". Synonyms: sophisticated.
- far along in time; "a man of advanced age", "advanced in years", "a ripe old age", "the ripe age of 90". Synonyms: ripe.
- (of societies) highly developed especially in technology or industry; "advanced societies", "an advanced country technologically".
- situated ahead or going before; "an advance party", "at that time the most advanced outpost was still east of the Rockies". Synonyms: advance, in advance.
- move forward, also in the metaphorical sense; "Time marches on". Synonyms: advance, go on, march on, move on, pass on, progress. Antonyms: recede.
- bring forward for consideration or acceptance; "advance an argument". Synonyms: advance, throw out.
- increase or raise; "boost the voltage in an electrical circuit". Synonyms: advance, boost, supercharge.
- contribute to the progress or growth of; "I am promoting the use of computers in the classroom". Synonyms: advance, boost, encourage, further, promote.
- cause to move forward; "Can you move the car seat forward?". Synonyms: advance, bring forward. Antonyms: back.
- obtain advantages, such as points, etc.; "The home team was gaining ground", "After defeating the Knicks, the Blazers pulled ahead of the Lakers in the battle for the number-one playoff berth in the Western Conference". Synonyms: advance, gain, gain ground, get ahead, make headway, pull ahead, win. Antonyms: fall back.
- develop in a positive way; "He progressed well in school", "My plants are coming along", "Plans are shaping up". Synonyms: advance, come along, come on, get along, get on, progress, shape up. Antonyms: regress.
- develop further; "We are advancing technology every day". Synonyms: advance.
- give a promotion to or assign to a higher position; "John was kicked upstairs when a replacement was hired", "Women tend not to advance in the major law firms", "I got promoted after many years of hard work". Synonyms: advance, elevate, kick upstairs, promote, raise, upgrade. Antonyms: demote.
- pay in advance; "Can you advance me some money?". Synonyms: advance.
- move forward; "we have to advance clocks and watches when we travel eastward". Synonyms: advance, set ahead.
- rise in rate or price; "The stock market gained 24 points today". Synonyms: advance, gain.
brevet, carry, climb, conduce, contribute, edge, elapse, encroach, ennoble, entitle, favor, favour, feed, forge, foster, further, gentle, help, hit, impinge, inch, infringe, lapse, lead, leapfrog, nose, overhaul, overtake, pass, penetrate, prefer, ratchet, score, spur, steal, string, tally, tenure.
enhanced, enhanced, entranced.
Your query has returned 51 words, which include anagrams of advanced as well as other shorter words that can be made using the letters included in advanced.
The words in this list can be used in games such as Scrabble, Words with Friends and other similar games.