Definition of treat
- something considered choice to eat. Synonyms: dainty, delicacy, goody, kickshaw.
- an occurrence that causes special pleasure or delight.
- interact in a certain way; "Do right by her", "Treat him with caution, please", "Handle the press reporters gently". Synonyms: do by, handle.
- subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition; "process cheese", "process hair", "treat the water so it can be drunk", "treat the lawn with chemicals", "treat an oil spill". Synonyms: process.
- provide treatment for; "The doctor treated my broken leg", "The nurses cared for the bomb victims", "The patient must be treated right away or she will die", "Treat the infection with antibiotics". Synonyms: care for.
- act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest", "The course covered all of Western Civilization", "The new book treats the history of China". Synonyms: address, cover, deal, handle, plow.
- provide with a gift or entertainment; "Grandmother always treated us to the circus", "I like to treat myself to a day at a spa when I am depressed".
- provide with choice or abundant food or drink; "Don't worry about the expensive wine--I'm treating", "She treated her houseguests with good food every night". Synonyms: regale.
- engage in negotiations in order to reach an agreement; "they had to treat with the King".
- regard or consider in a specific way; "I treated his advances as a joke".
abuse, administer, aerate, alcoholize, ambrosia, ammoniate, analyse, analyze, baby, bemock, beneficiate, bituminise, bituminize, bleed, bromate, brominate, brutalise, brutalize, burn, camphorate, carbonate, carboxylate, cauterise, cauterize, chlorinate, chrome, cocker, coddle, confection, correct, cosset, creosote, criminalize, cup, curry, cut, detox, detoxify, digest, discourse, discuss, dispense, disregard, doctor, dose, dress, feast, featherbed, feed, fluoridate, fluoridise, fluoridize, fume, fumigate, gelatin, hyperventilate, ignore, indulge, insufflate, iodise, iodize, irradiate, irrigate, jelly, leech, malt, maltreat, manipulate, marrow, massage, medicate, medicine, mercerise, mercerize, mistreat, mock, mollycoddle, nectar, nitrate, nitrify, nitrogenise, nitrogenize, nurse, operate, oxygenate, oxygenise, oxygenize, pack, pamper, phlebotomise, phlebotomize, propagate, psychoanalyse, psychoanalyze, purge, ray, refine, relieve, remedy, reverberate, run, savory, savoury, scald, seed, shock, snub, splint, spoil, step, sulfur, sulphur, sweet, tank, theologise, theologize, tidbit, titbit, transfuse, upstage, vet, vulcanise, vulcanize, wine, wrong.
Words nearby treat
great, teat, threat, tread, treaty, trent, troat.
Rhymes with treat
backseat, beat, beet, cheat, cleat, compete, complete, conceit, concrete, crete, deceit, deceit, defeat, delete, deplete, discreet, discrete, downbeat, eat, effete.
Start with treat
treatise, treatises, treaters, treaties, treatability, treatable, treatabilities, treats, treating, treatments, treatment, treater, treaty, treated.
End with treat
overtreat, mistreat, retreat, entreat, pretreat, intreat, estreat, maltreat.