Definition of transportation
- a facility consisting of the means and equipment necessary for the movement of passengers or goods. Synonyms: transit, transportation system.
- the act of moving something from one location to another. Synonyms: conveyance, transfer, transferral, transport.
- the sum charged for riding in a public conveyance. Synonyms: fare.
- the United States federal department that institutes and coordinates national transportation programs; created in 1966. Synonyms: Department of Transportation, DoT, Transportation.
- the commercial enterprise of moving goods and materials. Synonyms: shipping, transport.
- the act of expelling a person from their native land; "men in exile dream of hope", "his deportation to a penal colony", "the expatriation of wealthy farmers", "the sentence was one of transportation for life". Synonyms: deportation, exile, expatriation.
airfare, airlift, bringing, carfare, carry, connection, connexion, delivery, drive, express, expressage, ferry, ferrying, freight, freightage, hauling, lift, lighterage, navigation, relocation, resettlement, teleportation, telferage, telpherage, transshipment, truckage, trucking.
Rhymes with transportation
abbreviation, abdication, aberration, ablation, abnegation, abomination, abrogation, acceleration, acclamation, acclimation, accommodation, accreditation, accumulation, accusation, accusation, acidification, activation, adaptation, adjudication, administration.
Start with transportation