Definition of tracking
- the pursuit (of a person or animal) by following tracks or marks they left behind. Synonyms: trailing.
- carry on the feet and deposit; "track mud into the house". Synonyms: track.
- observe or plot the moving path of something; "track a missile". Synonyms: track.
- go after with the intent to catch; "The policeman chased the mugger down the alley", "the dog chased the rabbit". Synonyms: chase, chase after, dog, give chase, go after, tag, tail, track, trail.
- travel across or pass over; "The caravan covered almost 100 miles each day". Synonyms: cover, cross, cut across, cut through, get across, get over, pass over, track, traverse.
- make tracks upon. Synonyms: track.
bridge, course, crisscross, drive, ford, hop, hound, hunt, jaywalk, quest, stride, take, trace, tramp, tree, walk.
Words nearby tracking
cracking, racking, tacking, tracing, trucking.
Rhymes with tracking
attacking, backing, cracking, lacking, packing, racking, sacking, smacking, tacking, whacking, whacking.
Start with tracking
End with tracking
backtracking, untracking, sidetracking, retracking.