Definition of track
- a line or route along which something travels or moves; "the hurricane demolished houses in its path", "the track of an animal", "the course of the river". Synonyms: course, path.
- evidence pointing to a possible solution; "the police are following a promising lead", "the trail led straight to the perpetrator". Synonyms: lead, trail.
- a pair of parallel rails providing a runway for wheels.
- a course over which races are run. Synonyms: racecourse, racetrack, raceway.
- a distinct selection of music from a recording or a compact disc; "he played the first cut on the cd", "the title track of the album". Synonyms: cut.
- an endless metal belt on which tracked vehicles move over the ground. Synonyms: caterpillar track, caterpillar tread.
- (computer science) one of the circular magnetic paths on a magnetic disk that serve as a guide for writing and reading data. Synonyms: data track.
- a groove on a phonograph recording.
- a bar or pair of parallel bars of rolled steel making the railway along which railroad cars or other vehicles can roll. Synonyms: rail, rails, runway.
- any road or path affording passage especially a rough one. Synonyms: cart track, cartroad.
- the act of participating in an athletic competition involving running on a track. Synonyms: running.
- carry on the feet and deposit; "track mud into the house".
- observe or plot the moving path of something; "track a missile".
- go after with the intent to catch; "The policeman chased the mugger down the alley", "the dog chased the rabbit". Synonyms: chase, chase after, dog, give chase, go after, tag, tail, trail.
- travel across or pass over; "The caravan covered almost 100 miles each day". Synonyms: cover, cross, cut across, cut through, get across, get over, pass over, traverse.
- make tracks upon.
belt, bridge, circuit, course, crisscross, drive, ford, hop, hound, hunt, jaywalk, portage, quest, railroad, railway, round, speedway, steps, stride, swath, take, trace, trail, tramline, tramp, tramway, tree, velodrome, walk.
Words nearby track
crack, rack, tack, trace, tract, tracy, trick, truck, wrack.
Rhymes with track
aback, attack, back, balzac, black, braque, clack, crack, dak, flack, flak, hack, jack, knack, lac, lack, mac, mack, mak, pac.
Start with track
trackable, tracklayers, tracklaying, trackballs, tracklayer, tracked, trackside, trackwalker, tracks, tracklayings, trackages, trackwalkers, tracksuits, tracksuit, trackless, trackage, tracksides, trackball, tracking, trackways, trackers, trackman, trackpads, trackmen, trackpad, trackway, trackings, tracker.
End with track
retrack, minitrack, sidetrack, halftrack, multitrack, racetrack, backtrack, offtrack, whitrack, hatrack, amtrack, coatrack, untrack.