Definition of summer
- the warmest season of the year; in the northern hemisphere it extends from the summer solstice to the autumnal equinox; "they spent a lazy summer at the shore". Synonyms: summertime.
- the period of finest development, happiness, or beauty; "the golden summer of his life".
- spend the summer; "We summered in Kashmir".
Words nearby summer
bummer, hummer, mummer, rummer, simmer, sumer, summery, sumner.
Rhymes with summer
bummer, comer, drummer, hummer, midsummer, mummer, plumber.
Start with summer
summersets, summersetted, summersault, summersetting, summersaults, summerset, summersaulted, summersaulting.
End with summer
More information about summers
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- summers is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 11 points
- summers is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 11 points
- summers is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 14 points