Definition of sale
- a particular instance of selling; "he has just made his first sale", "they had to complete the sale before the banks closed".
- the general activity of selling; "they tried to boost sales", "laws limit the sale of handguns".
- an occasion (usually brief) for buying at specially reduced prices; "they held a sale to reduce their inventory", "I got some great bargains at their annual sale". Synonyms: cut-rate sale, sales event.
- the state of being purchasable; offered or exhibited for selling; "you'll find vitamin C for sale at most pharmacies", "the new line of cars will soon be on sale".
- an agreement (or contract) in which property is transferred from the seller (vendor) to the buyer (vendee) for a fixed price in money (paid or agreed to be paid by the buyer); "the salesman faxed the sales agreement to his home office". Synonyms: sales agreement.
auction, bazaar, closeout, divestiture, fair, realisation, realization, sell, selloff, vendue.
Words nearby sale
ale, bale, dale, gale, hale, kale, male, pale, rale, saale, sable, sade, safe, sage, sake, salem, sales, salk, salp, salt, salve, same, sane, sate, save, saxe, scale, shale, sle, sole, stale, swale, tale, vale, wale, yale.
Rhymes with sale
ail, ale, assail, avail, bail, bale, braille, carrell, curtail, dail, dale, derail, detail, email, entail, exhale, fail, flail, frail, gael.
Start with sale
salespersons, saleable, saleswoman, salespeople, saleratuses, salesmanships, salesgirls, sales, salesmanship, salesladies, salesclerks, salesclerk, saleratus, saleroom, saleably, salesman, saleslady, salesmen, salesgirl, saleps, salesroom, salesrooms, saleswomen, salerooms, salesperson, salep.
End with sale
resale, presale, oversale, supersale, subsale, wholesale.