Definition of sage
- having wisdom that comes with age and experience.
- of the grey-green color of sage leaves. Synonyms: sage-green.
- a mentor in spiritual and philosophical topics who is renowned for profound wisdom.
- aromatic fresh or dried grey-green leaves used widely as seasoning for meats and fowl and game etc.
- any of various plants of the genus Salvia; a cosmopolitan herb. Synonyms: salvia.
cancerweed, clary, mahatma, ramona.
Words nearby sage
age, cage, gage, osage, page, rage, sade, safe, sag, saga, sago, sake, sale, same, sane, sate, save, saxe, stage, swage, usage, wage.
Rhymes with sage
age, assuage, backstage, cage, disengage, engage, enrage, gage, gauge, offstage, onstage, osage, page, paige, phage, rage, stage, upstage, wage.
Start with sage
sageness, sager, sages, sagely, sagebrushes, sagest, sagenesses, sagebrush.
End with sage
brassage, passage, message, surplusage, corsage, presage, visage, massage, overdosage, expressage, usage, sausage, envisage, dressage, embassage, plussage, repassage, dosage, misusage, vernissage.