Definition of rummy
- beyond or deviating from the usual or expected; "a curious hybrid accent", "her speech has a funny twang", "they have some funny ideas about war", "had an odd name", "the peculiar aromatic odor of cloves", "something definitely queer about this town", "what a rum fellow", "singular behavior". Synonyms: curious, funny, odd, peculiar, queer, rum, singular.
- a chronic drinker. Synonyms: drunk, drunkard, inebriate, sot, wino.
- a card game based on collecting sets and sequences; the winner is the first to meld all their cards. Synonyms: rum.
alcoholic, alky, boozer, canasta, dipsomaniac, gin, lush, meld, soaker, souse.
Words nearby rummy
brummy, crummy, dummy, gummy, mummy, tummy, yummy.
Rhymes with rummy
chummy, crummy, dummy, gummy, mummy, tummy, yummy.
Start with rummy
End with rummy
More information about rummies
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- rummies is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 11 points
- rummies is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 11 points
- rummies is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 14 points