Definition of rap
- a reproach for some lapse or misdeed; "he took the blame for it", "it was a bum rap". Synonyms: blame.
- a gentle blow. Synonyms: strike, tap.
- the sound made by a gentle blow. Synonyms: pat, tap.
- voluble conversation.
- genre of African-American music of the 1980s and 1990s in which rhyming lyrics are chanted to a musical accompaniment; several forms of rap have emerged. Synonyms: hip-hop, rap music.
- the act of hitting vigorously; "he gave the table a whack". Synonyms: belt, knock, whack, whang.
- strike sharply; "rap him on the knuckles". Synonyms: knap.
- make light, repeated taps on a surface; "he was tapping his fingers on the table impatiently". Synonyms: knock, pink, tap.
- perform rap music.
- talk volubly.
Words nearby rap
bap, cap, crap, frap, gap, hap, jap, lap, map, nap, pap, ra, rad, raf, rag, raj, ram, ramp, rape, rapt, ras, rasp, rat, raw, ray, reap, rep, rip, sap, tap, trap, wrap, yap, zap.
Rhymes with rap
cap, chap, clap, crap, entrap, flap, frap, gap, hap, jap, lap, lapp, map, nap, pap, recap, sap, scrap, slap, snap.
Start with rap
rapist, rapider, rappee, rapidest, rapine, rapprochements, raphides, rappelled, rapeseeds, rapports, rapturously, raping, rapes, rapeseed, rapturousnesses, rapier, raphes, rappers, rapini, rapparee, rappees, rapped, rapiered, rapporteurs, rapacities, rapiers, rapid, rappel, rapscallions, rappelling, rapprochement, rappeling, raphide, raptors, rape, raphis, rapidly, rapids, rapacious, rapaciously, and 39 more.
End with rap
mousetrap, claptrap, jockstrap, unstrap, trap, wrap, rewrap, riprap, bootstrap, frap, inwrap, firetrap, enwrap, bewrap, rattrap, crap, giftwrap, wentletrap, caltrap, backwrap, strap, chinstrap, satrap, mantrap, cantrap, clickwrap, flytrap, rattletrap, livetrap, scrap, entrap, prewrap, deathtrap, unwrap.