Definition of mug
- the quantity that can be held in a mug. Synonyms: mugful.
- a person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of. Synonyms: chump, fall guy, fool, gull, mark, patsy, soft touch, sucker.
- the human face (`kisser' and `smiler' and `mug' are informal terms for `face' and `phiz' is British). Synonyms: countenance, kisser, phiz, physiognomy, smiler, visage.
- with handle and usually cylindrical.
- rob at gunpoint or with the threat of violence; "I was mugged in the streets of New York last night".
Words nearby mug
aug, bug, dug, fug, hug, jug, lug, mag, mcg, meg, mg, msg, mu, mud, mum, mung, mus, myg, pug, rug, smug, tug.
Rhymes with mug
bug, chug, debug, drug, dug, hug, jug, lug, plug, pug, rug, shrug, slug, smug, snug, thug, tug, unplug.