Definition of mouse
- any of numerous small rodents typically resembling diminutive rats having pointed snouts and small ears on elongated bodies with slender usually hairless tails.
- a swollen bruise caused by a blow to the eye. Synonyms: black eye, shiner.
- person who is quiet or timid.
- a hand-operated electronic device that controls the coordinates of a cursor on your computer screen as you move it around on a pad; on the bottom of the device is a ball that rolls on the surface of the pad; "a mouse takes much more room than a trackball". Synonyms: computer mouse.
- to go stealthily or furtively; "..stead of sneaking around spying on the neighbor's house". Synonyms: creep, pussyfoot, sneak.
- manipulate the mouse of a computer.
Words nearby mouse
bouse, douse, house, louse, meuse, moose, morse, moue, mouser, mousey, mousse, mousy, muse, ouse, rouse, souse.
Rhymes with mouse
blouse, boathouse, bouse, crouse, douse, dowse, espouse, gauss, grouse, house, laos, louse, rouse, spouse, strauss.
Start with mouse
mousetrap, mousetrapping, mousetrapped, mousey, mousetails, mousetraps, moused, mouses, mouselike, mousepad, mouser, mousepads, mousers, mousetail, mousebird, mousebirds.
End with mouse
rearmouse, titmouse, reremouse, shrewmouse, dormouse.