Definition of habit
- an established custom; "it was their habit to dine at 7 every evening". Synonyms: wont.
- (psychology) an automatic pattern of behavior in reaction to a specific situation; may be inherited or acquired through frequent repetition; "owls have nocturnal habits", "she had a habit twirling the ends of her hair", "long use had hardened him to it". Synonyms: use.
- a distinctive attire worn by a member of a religious order.
- the general form or mode of growth (especially of a plant or crystal); "a shrub of spreading habit".
- attire that is typically worn by a horseback rider (especially a woman's attire). Synonyms: riding habit.
- excessive use of drugs. Synonyms: drug abuse, substance abuse.
cleanliness, frock, ritual.
Rhymes with habit
abbot, cabot, inhabit, rabbit.
Start with habit
habitues, habitat, habitability, habitablenesses, habituate, habitualnesses, habitan, habitual, habitably, habituating, habitabilities, habitant, habitants, habitation, habitually, habitudes, habitations, habited, habitableness, habits, habituates, habitualness, habitude, habituated, habituation, habitable, habitus, habitue, habituations, habitats, habitans, habiting.
End with habit
inhabit, cohabit, reinhabit.