Definition of excavation
- the act of digging; "there's an interesting excavation going on near Princeton". Synonyms: dig, digging.
- the site of an archeological exploration; "they set up camp next to the dig". Synonyms: archeological site, dig.
- a hole in the ground made by excavating.
- the act of extracting ores or coal etc from the earth. Synonyms: mining.
bore, cellar, delf, diggings, digs, ditch, mine, mineshaft, pit, pool, quarry, well, working, workings.
Rhymes with excavation
abbreviation, abdication, aberration, ablation, abnegation, abomination, abrogation, acceleration, acclamation, acclimation, accommodation, accreditation, accumulation, accusation, accusation, acidification, activation, adaptation, adjudication, administration.
Start with excavation
More information about excavation
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- excavation is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 22 points
- excavation is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 22 points
- excavation is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 25 points