Definition of cue
- an actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech.
- evidence that helps to solve a problem. Synonyms: clew, clue.
- a stimulus that provides information about what to do. Synonyms: discriminative stimulus.
- sports implement consisting of a tapering rod used to strike a cue ball in pool or billiards. Synonyms: cue stick, pool cue, pool stick.
- assist (somebody acting or reciting) by suggesting the next words of something forgotten or imperfectly learned. Synonyms: prompt, remind.
mark, prompt, prompting, sign.
Words nearby cue
ce, clue, coue, cse, cu, cub, cube, cud, cuke, cul, cum, cup, cur, cure, cut, cute, due, hue, rue, sue, yue.
Rhymes with cue
accrue, adieu, ado, anew, anew, askew, babu, baku, ballyhoo, bamboo, bleu, blue, boo, brew, canoe, cebu, chew, chou, clue, construe.
Start with cue
cues, cuestas, cueing, cued, cuesta.
End with cue
miscue, fescue, rescue, barbecue, curlicue, curlycue.