Definition of coral
- of a strong pink to yellowish-pink color.
- a variable color averaging a deep pink.
- the hard stony skeleton of a Mediterranean coral that has a delicate red or pink color and is used for jewelry. Synonyms: precious coral, red coral.
- unfertilized lobster roe; reddens in cooking; used as garnish or to color sauces.
- marine colonial polyp characterized by a calcareous skeleton; masses in a variety of shapes often forming reefs.
Words nearby coral
choral, coal, comal, copal, cora, corral, goral, moral, oral.
Rhymes with coral
aural, auroral, balmoral, choral, floral, goral, immoral, laurel, moral, oral, quarrel, sorrel.
Start with coral
coralberries, coralberry, coralline, coralroots, coralloid, corals, coralroot, coralbells, corallines.