Definition of affecting
- arousing affect; "the homecoming of the released hostages was an affecting scene", "poignant grief cannot endure forever", "his gratitude was simple and touching". Synonyms: poignant, touching.
- have an effect upon; "Will the new rules affect me?". Synonyms: affect, bear on, bear upon, impact, touch, touch on.
- act physically on; have an effect upon; "the medicine affects my heart rate". Synonyms: affect.
- connect closely and often incriminatingly; "This new ruling affects your business". Synonyms: affect, involve, regard.
- make believe with the intent to deceive; "He feigned that he was ill", "He shammed a headache". Synonyms: affect, dissemble, feign, pretend, sham.
- have an emotional or cognitive impact upon; "This child impressed me as unusually mature", "This behavior struck me as odd". Synonyms: affect, impress, move, strike.
alienate, arouse, attack, awaken, bother, brace, bull, bullshit, calm, cloud, color, colour, cramp, discommode, disoblige, distort, disturb, endanger, energise, energize, engrave, excite, expose, fake, hit, hydrolise, hydrolize, implicate, impress, incommode, inconvenience, inebriate, infect, influence, ingrain, instill, intoxicate, jar, jaundice, mouth, move, peril, pierce, process, queer, redound, register, relax, repercuss, sadden, scupper, sedate, smite, soak, stimulate, stir, strain, strike, subject, surprise, tense, tinge, touch, tranquilize, tranquillise, tranquillize, treat, trouble, ulcerate, unlax, unstrain, unwind, upset, work, zap.
Rhymes with affecting
collecting, detecting, directing, directing, directing, directing, erecting, intersecting, projecting, protecting, reflecting, unsuspecting.
Start with affecting
End with affecting