Definition of affected
- acted upon; influenced. Antonyms: unaffected.
- speaking or behaving in an artificial way to make an impression. Synonyms: unnatural. Antonyms: unaffected.
- being excited or provoked to the expression of an emotion; "too moved to speak", "very touched by the stranger's kindness". Synonyms: moved, stirred, touched. Antonyms: unmoved.
- have an effect upon; "Will the new rules affect me?". Synonyms: affect, bear on, bear upon, impact, touch, touch on.
- act physically on; have an effect upon; "the medicine affects my heart rate". Synonyms: affect.
- connect closely and often incriminatingly; "This new ruling affects your business". Synonyms: affect, involve, regard.
- make believe with the intent to deceive; "He feigned that he was ill", "He shammed a headache". Synonyms: affect, dissemble, feign, pretend, sham.
- have an emotional or cognitive impact upon; "This child impressed me as unusually mature", "This behavior struck me as odd". Synonyms: affect, impress, move, strike.
alienate, arouse, attack, awaken, bother, brace, bull, bullshit, calm, cloud, color, colour, cramp, discommode, disoblige, distort, disturb, endanger, energise, energize, engrave, excite, expose, fake, hit, hydrolise, hydrolize, implicate, impress, incommode, inconvenience, inebriate, infect, influence, ingrain, instill, intoxicate, jar, jaundice, mouth, move, peril, pierce, process, queer, redound, register, relax, repercuss, sadden, scupper, sedate, smite, soak, stimulate, stir, strain, strike, subject, surprise, tense, tinge, touch, tranquilize, tranquillise, tranquillize, treat, trouble, ulcerate, unlax, unstrain, unwind, upset, work, zap.
Words nearby affected
Rhymes with affected
connected, corrected, dejected, detected, directed, directed, directed, disaffected, disconnected, effected, elected, expected, infected, interconnected, neglected, perfected, protected, reflected, rejected, rejected.
Start with affected
affectedness, affectedly, affectednesses.
End with affected