Definition of advised
- having the benefit of careful prior consideration or counsel; "a well-advised delay in carrying out the plan". Synonyms: well-advised. Antonyms: ill-advised.
- having received information; "be kept advised".
- give advice to; "The teacher counsels troubled students", "The lawyer counselled me when I was accused of tax fraud". Synonyms: advise, counsel, rede.
- inform (somebody) of something; "I advised him that the rent was due". Synonyms: advise, apprise, apprize, give notice, notify, send word.
- make a proposal, declare a plan for something; "the senator proposed to abolish the sales tax". Synonyms: advise, propose, suggest.
admonish, advance, advocate, consult, contraindicate, deter, discourage, dissuade, exhort, misadvise, misguide, monish, move, posit, press, proposition, propound, recommend, state, submit, tip, urge, warn.
Words nearby advised
advise, advisee, adviser.
Rhymes with advised
advertised, baptized, despised, disguised, incised, revised, revised, sized, surprised, surprised, undisguised, unrevised.
Start with advised
End with advised