Definition of adversity
- a state of misfortune or affliction; "debt-ridden farmers struggling with adversity", "a life of hardship". Synonyms: hard knocks, hardship.
- a stroke of ill fortune; a calamitous event; "a period marked by adversities".
affliction, catastrophe, disaster, distress, extremity, nadir, victimization.
Rhymes with adversity
abc, ability, actuality, actuary, agonizingly, almaty, anarchy, anti, antinomy, apogee, apologetically, apology, apostrophe, astilbe, beastly, briony, bumblebee, calliope, carefree, catchy.
More information about adversity
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- adversity is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 16 points
- adversity is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 16 points
- adversity is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 16 points