Definition of adverse
- contrary to your interests or welfare; "adverse circumstances", "made a place for themselves under the most untoward conditions". Synonyms: inauspicious, untoward.
- in an opposing direction; "adverse currents", "a contrary wind". Synonyms: contrary.
Words nearby adverse
Rhymes with adverse
averse, coerce, converse, curse, disburse, disperse, diverse, diverse, hearse, immerse, intersperse, inverse, nurse, obverse, perverse, purse, rehearse, reimburse, reverse, reverse.
Start with adverse
adversely, adversenesses, adverseness.
More information about adverse
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- adverse is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 11 points
- adverse is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 11 points
- adverse is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 12 points