Definition of adventure
- a wild and exciting undertaking (not necessarily lawful). Synonyms: dangerous undertaking, escapade, risky venture.
- take a risk in the hope of a favorable outcome; "When you buy these stocks you are gambling". Synonyms: chance, gamble, hazard, risk, run a risk, take a chance, take chances.
- put at risk; "I will stake my good reputation for this". Synonyms: hazard, jeopardize, stake, venture.
Words nearby adventure
Rhymes with adventure
debenture, denture, indenture, misadventure, trencher, venture.
Start with adventure
adventuresses, adventuresome, adventures, adventuress, adventurers, adventurer, adventured.
End with adventure
More information about adventure
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- adventure is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 13 points
- adventure is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 13 points
- adventure is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 16 points