Definition of advent
- arrival that has been awaited (especially of something momentous); "the advent of the computer". Synonyms: coming.
- the season including the four Sundays preceding Christmas. Synonyms: Advent.
- (Christian theology) the reappearance of Jesus as judge for the Last Judgment. Synonyms: Advent, Parousia, Second Advent, Second Coming, Second Coming of Christ.
Words nearby advent
adient, advect, advert.
Rhymes with advent
accent, congruent, convent, disorient, frequent, occident, orient, president, torment.
Start with advent
adventuring, adventure, adventitiously, adventurist, adventurously, adventuristic, adventitia, adventurers, adventitious, adventurer, adventitial, adventured, adventurisms, advents, adventurous, adventuresses, adventuresome, adventurism, adventives, adventitias, adventive, adventures, adventurists, adventurousness, adventuress.
More information about advent
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- advent is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 10 points
- advent is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 10 points
- advent is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 12 points