Definition of admonition
- cautionary advice about something imminent (especially imminent danger or other unpleasantness); "a letter of admonition about the dangers of immorality", "the warning was to beware of surprises", "his final word of advice was not to play with matches". Synonyms: monition, warning, word of advice.
- a firm rebuke. Synonyms: admonishment, monition.
Rhymes with admonition
abolition, academician, acquisition, addition, admission, admission, ambition, ammunition, apparition, attrition, audition, clinician, coalition, cognition, commission, competition, composition, condition, contrition, decommission.
Start with admonition
More information about admonition
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- admonition is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 13 points
- admonition is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 13 points
- admonition is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 16 points