Definition of admonish
- admonish or counsel in terms of someone's behavior; "I warned him not to go too far", "I warn you against false assumptions", "She warned him to be quiet". Synonyms: discourage, monish, warn.
- warn strongly; put on guard. Synonyms: caution, monish.
- take to task; "He admonished the child for his bad behavior". Synonyms: reprove.
Rhymes with admonish
Start with admonish
admonishingly, admonishing, admonishment, admonished, admonishers, admonisher, admonishes, admonishments.
More information about admonish
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- admonish is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 14 points
- admonish is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 14 points
- admonish is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 15 points