Definition of administration
- a method of tending to or managing the affairs of a some group of people (especially the group's business affairs). Synonyms: disposal.
- the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something; "he claims that the present administration is corrupt", "the governance of an association is responsible to its members", "he quickly became recognized as a member of the establishment". Synonyms: brass, establishment, governance, governing body, organisation, organization.
- the act of administering medication. Synonyms: giving medication.
- the tenure of a president; "things were quiet during the Eisenhower administration". Synonyms: presidency, presidential term.
- the act of governing; exercising authority; "regulations for the governing of state prisons", "he had considerable experience of government". Synonyms: governance, governing, government, government activity.
- the act of meting out justice according to the law. Synonyms: judicature.
bench, conducting, drugging, executive, judiciary, lawmaking, legislating, legislation, management, misgovernment, misrule, officialdom, organisation, organization, polity, running, sedation.
Rhymes with administration
abbreviation, abdication, aberration, ablation, abnegation, abomination, abrogation, acceleration, acclamation, acclimation, accommodation, accreditation, accumulation, accusation, accusation, acidification, activation, adaptation, adjudication, admiration.
Start with administration
More information about administration
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- administration is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 17 points
- administration is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 17 points
- administration is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 20 points