Definition of administration
- a method of tending to or managing the affairs of a some group of people (especially the group's business affairs). Synonyms: disposal.
- the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something; "he claims that the present administration is corrupt", "the governance of an association is responsible to its members", "he quickly became recognized as a member of the establishment". Synonyms: brass, establishment, governance, governing body, organisation, organization.
- the act of administering medication. Synonyms: giving medication.
- the tenure of a president; "things were quiet during the Eisenhower administration". Synonyms: presidency, presidential term.
- the act of governing; exercising authority; "regulations for the governing of state prisons", "he had considerable experience of government". Synonyms: governance, governing, government, government activity.
- the act of meting out justice according to the law. Synonyms: judicature.
bench, conducting, drugging, executive, judiciary, lawmaking, legislating, legislation, management, misgovernment, misrule, officialdom, organisation, organization, polity, running, sedation.
Rhymes with administration
abbreviation, abdication, aberration, ablation, abnegation, abomination, abrogation, acceleration, acclamation, acclimation, accommodation, accreditation, accumulation, accusation, accusation, acidification, activation, adaptation, adjudication, admiration.
Start with administration