Definition of administer
- work in an administrative capacity; supervise or be in charge of; "administer a program", "she administers the funds". Synonyms: administrate.
- perform (a church sacrament) ritually; "administer the last unction".
- administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present", "dole out some money", "shell out pocket money for the children", "deal a blow to someone", "the machine dispenses soft drinks". Synonyms: allot, deal, deal out, dish out, dispense, distribute, dole out, lot, mete out, parcel out, shell out.
- give or apply (medications). Synonyms: dispense.
- direct the taking of; "administer an exam", "administer an oath".
allot, apply, assign, deal, digitalize, give, inject, insufflate, manage, oversee, pontificate, portion, reallot, shoot, superintend, supervise, transfuse.
Rhymes with administer
Start with administer
administers, administered, administering.
End with administer
More information about administer
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- administer is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 13 points
- administer is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 13 points
- administer is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 15 points