Definition of adjusted
- altered to accommodate to certain requirements or bring into a proper relation; "an adjusted insurance claim", "the car runs more smoothly with the timing adjusted". Antonyms: unadjusted.
- adjusted to demands of daily living; showing emotional stability. Antonyms: maladjusted.
- having achieved a comfortable relation with your environment. Synonyms: familiarised, familiarized.
- (especially of garments) having the fit or style adjusted; "for my wedding I had my mother's wedding dress altered to fit me".
- alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard; "Adjust the clock, please", "correct the alignment of the front wheels". Synonyms: adjust, correct, set.
- place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel or straight; "align the car with the curb", "align the sheets of paper on the table". Synonyms: adjust, align, aline, line up. Antonyms: skew.
- adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions; "We must adjust to the bad economic situation". Synonyms: adapt, adjust, conform.
- make correspondent or conformable; "Adjust your eyes to the darkness". Synonyms: adjust.
- decide how much is to be paid on an insurance claim. Synonyms: adjust.
acclimate, acclimatise, acclimatize, address, align, assimilate, attune, calibrate, citify, collimate, concenter, concentre, coordinate, decompress, depressurise, depressurize, fit, focalise, focalize, focus, graduate, harmonise, harmonize, justify, linearise, linearize, match, modulate, obey, ordinate, plumb, pressurise, pressurize, proportion, readapt, readjust, realign, realine, reconcile, regulate, reset, set, sharpen, square, sync, synchronise, synchronize, temper, time, trim, true, tune, zero.
Words nearby adjusted
Rhymes with adjusted
busted, crusted, disgusted, encrusted, maladjusted, rusted, trusted, unadjusted.
End with adjusted
unadjusted, maladjusted, preadjusted, readjusted, misadjusted.