Definition of adjudicate
- put on trial or hear a case and sit as the judge at the trial of; "The football star was tried for the murder of his wife", "The judge tried both father and son in separate trials". Synonyms: judge, try.
- bring to an end; settle conclusively; "The case was decided", "The judge decided the case in favor of the plaintiff", "The father adjudicated when the sons were quarreling over their inheritance". Synonyms: decide, resolve, settle.
Rhymes with adjudicate
abbreviate, abdicate, abrogate, accelerate, acclimate, accommodate, accumulate, acetate, activate, adequate, administrate, adulate, adulterate, advocate, affiliate, agglomerate, agglutinate, aggravate, agitate, aguacate.
Start with adjudicate
More information about adjudicate
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- adjudicate is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 21 points
- adjudicate is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 21 points
- adjudicate is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 25 points