Definition of addressed
- (of mail) marked with a destination; "I throw away all mail addressed to `resident'". Antonyms: unaddressed.
- speak to; "He addressed the crowd outside the window". Synonyms: address, turn to.
- give a speech to; "The chairman addressed the board of trustees". Synonyms: address, speak.
- put an address on (an envelope). Synonyms: address, direct.
- direct a question at someone. Synonyms: address.
- address or apply oneself to something, direct one's efforts towards something, such as a question. Synonyms: address.
- greet, as with a prescribed form, title, or name; "He always addresses me with `Sir'", "Call me Mister", "She calls him by first name". Synonyms: address, call.
- access or locate by address. Synonyms: address.
- act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest", "The course covered all of Western Civilization", "The new book treats the history of China". Synonyms: address, cover, deal, handle, plow, treat.
- speak to someone. Synonyms: accost, address, come up to.
- adjust and aim (a golf ball) at in preparation of hitting. Synonyms: address.
address, approach, ask, call, discourse, discuss, greet, harangue, instrument, keynote, memorialise, memorialize, misaddress, misdirect, recognise, recognize, theologise, theologize.
Words nearby addressed
Rhymes with addressed
abreast, arrest, attest, behest, bequest, best, blessed, blest, breast, brest, chest, coalesced, compressed, congest, contest, crest, depressed, detest, detest, digest.
End with addressed
readdressed, misaddressed, unaddressed.