Definition of addict
- someone who is so ardently devoted to something that it resembles an addiction; "a golf addict", "a car nut", "a bodybuilding freak", "a news junkie". Synonyms: freak, junkie, junky, nut.
- someone who is physiologically dependent on a substance; abrupt deprivation of the substance produces withdrawal symptoms.
- to cause (someone or oneself) to become dependent (on something, especially a narcotic drug). Synonyms: hook.
Words nearby addict
Rhymes with addict
afflict, conflict, constrict, contradict, convict, depict, evict, inflict, licked, predict, predict, restrict, slicked, strict.
Start with addict
addicts, addictions, addiction, addicted, addicting, addictive.
End with addict
More information about addict
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- addict is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 10 points
- addict is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 10 points
- addict is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 11 points