Definition of adapted
- changed in order to improve or made more fit for a particular purpose; "seeds precisely adapted to the area", "instructions altered to suit the children's different ages". Synonyms: altered.
- make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose; "Adapt our native cuisine to the available food resources of the new country". Synonyms: accommodate, adapt.
- adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions; "We must adjust to the bad economic situation". Synonyms: adapt, adjust, conform.
acclimate, acclimatise, acclimatize, adjust, anglicise, anglicize, assimilate, cultivate, domesticate, electrify, fit, focalise, focalize, focus, gear, match, naturalise, naturalize, obey, orient, pitch, readapt, readjust, shoehorn, square, tailor, tame, transcribe, wire.
Words nearby adapted
Start with adapted
End with adapted
maladapted, preadapted, readapted, coadapted, misadapted, unadapted.
More information about adapted
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- adapted is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 11 points
- adapted is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 11 points
- adapted is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 12 points