Definition of adaptation
- a written work (as a novel) that has been recast in a new form; "the play is an adaptation of a short novel". Synonyms: version.
- the process of adapting to something (such as environmental conditions). Synonyms: adaption, adjustment.
- (physiology) the responsive adjustment of a sense organ (as the eye) to varying conditions (as of light).
acclimation, acclimatisation, acclimatization, differentiation, domestication, modernization, specialisation, specialization, versification.
Rhymes with adaptation
abbreviation, abdication, aberration, ablation, abnegation, abomination, abrogation, acceleration, acclamation, acclimation, accommodation, accreditation, accumulation, accusation, accusation, acidification, activation, adjudication, administration, admiration.
Start with adaptation
adaptations, adaptationally, adaptational.
End with adaptation
maladaptation, coadaptation, preadaptation.
More information about adaptation
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- adaptation is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 13 points
- adaptation is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 13 points
- adaptation is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 15 points