Definition of actually
- in actual fact; "to be nominally but not actually independent", "no one actually saw the shark", "large meteorites actually come from the asteroid belt". Synonyms: really.
- used to imply that one would expect the fact to be the opposite of that stated; surprisingly; "you may actually be doing the right thing by walking out", "she actually spoke Latin", "they thought they made the rules but in reality they were only puppets", "people who seem stand-offish are in reality often simply nervous". Synonyms: in reality.
- at the present moment; "the transmission screen shows the picture that is actually on the air".
- as a sentence modifier to add slight emphasis; "actually, we all help clear up after a meal", "actually, I haven't seen the film", "I'm not all that surprised actually", "she hasn't proved to be too satisfactory, actually".
Words nearby actually
Rhymes with actually
End with actually
factually, tactually, contractually.
More information about actually
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- actually is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 13 points
- actually is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 13 points
- actually is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 16 points