Definition of activating
- causing motion or action or change. Synonyms: actuating.
- put in motion or move to act; "trigger a reaction", "actuate the circuits". Synonyms: activate, actuate, set off, spark, spark off, touch off, trigger, trigger off, trip.
- make active or more active; "activate an old file". Synonyms: activate. Antonyms: inactivate.
- make more adsorptive; "activate a metal". Synonyms: activate.
- aerate (sewage) so as to favor the growth of organisms that decompose organic matter. Synonyms: activate, aerate.
- make (substances) radioactive. Synonyms: activate.
animation, electrification, invigoration, reactivate, vivification.
Rhymes with activating
accommodating, aggravating, agitating, alienating, alternating, annihilating, annotating, asphyxiating, assimilating, calculating, captivating, circulating, commemorating, communicating, contaminating, coordinating, debilitating, delegating, denigrating, deprecating.
End with activating
inactivating, deactivating, reactivating.
More information about activating
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- activating is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 16 points
- activating is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 16 points
- activating is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 20 points