Definition of across
- to the opposite side; "the football field was 300 feet across".
- transversely; "the marble slabs were cut across". Synonyms: crossways, crosswise.
Words nearby across
Rhymes with across
boss, cos, coss, cross, dos, doss, dross, emboss, gloss, joss, lacrosse, loss, moss, ross, sauce, toss.
More information about across
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- across is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 8 points
- across is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 8 points
- across is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 9 points