Definition of acres
- extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use; "the family owned a large estate on Long Island". Synonyms: demesne, estate, land, landed estate.
- a unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries. Synonyms: acre.
- a territory of western Brazil bordering on Bolivia and Peru. Synonyms: Acre.
- a town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean. Synonyms: Accho, Acre, Akka, Akko.
barony, countryseat, entail, feoff, fief, freehold, glebe, hacienda, homestead, leasehold, manor, plantation, seigneury, seigniory, signory, smallholding.
Words nearby acres
acores, acre, acris, ares.
Rhymes with acres
breakers, quakers, shakers.
End with acres
simulacres, massacres, fiacres, nacres, stavesacres, wiseacres.
More information about acres
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- acres is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 7 points
- acres is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 7 points
- acres is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 8 points