Definition of acquaintance
- personal knowledge or information about someone or something. Synonyms: conversance, conversancy, familiarity.
- a relationship less intimate than friendship. Synonyms: acquaintanceship.
- a person with whom you are acquainted; "I have trouble remembering the names of all my acquaintances", "we are friends of the family". Synonyms: friend. Antonyms: stranger.
bunkmate, campmate, classmate, connection, homeboy, messmate, pickup, schoolfellow, schoolmate.
Start with acquaintance
More information about acquaintance
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- acquaintance is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 25 points
- acquaintance is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 25 points
- acquaintance is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 30 points