Definition of acknowledged
- recognized or made known or admitted; "the acknowledged leader of the community", "a woman of acknowledged accomplishments", "his acknowledged error". Antonyms: unacknowledged.
- generally accepted.
- declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of; "He admitted his errors", "She acknowledged that she might have forgotten". Synonyms: acknowledge, admit. Antonyms: deny.
- report the receipt of; "The program committee acknowledged the submission of the authors of the paper". Synonyms: acknowledge, receipt.
- express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with; "He never acknowledges his colleagues when they run into him in the hallway", "She acknowledged his complement with a smile", "it is important to acknowledge the work of others in one's own writing". Synonyms: acknowledge, notice.
- express obligation, thanks, or gratitude for; "We must acknowledge the kindness she showed towards us". Synonyms: acknowledge, recognise, recognize.
- accept as legally binding and valid; "acknowledge the deed". Synonyms: acknowledge.
- accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority; "The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne", "We do not recognize your gods". Synonyms: acknowledge, know, recognise, recognize.
appreciate, attorn, avouch, avow, cite, concede, confess, fink, mention, profess, squeal, sustain.
Words nearby acknowledged
Start with acknowledged
End with acknowledged
More information about acknowledged
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- acknowledged is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 24 points
- acknowledged is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 24 points
- acknowledged is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 28 points