Definition of aching
- causing a dull and steady pain; "my aching head", "her old achy joints". Synonyms: achy.
- a dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain. Synonyms: ache.
- feel physical pain; "Were you hurting after the accident?". Synonyms: ache, hurt, suffer.
- have a desire for something or someone who is not present; "She ached for a cigarette", "I am pining for my lover". Synonyms: ache, languish, pine, yearn, yen.
- be the source of pain. Synonyms: ache, hurt, smart.
backache, bellyache, bite, burn, catch, cephalalgia, die, earache, gastralgia, get, headache, hunger, itch, kill, odontalgia, otalgia, prick, shoot, sting, stomachache, thirst, throb, toothache, twinge.
Words nearby aching
Rhymes with aching
baking, breaking, forsaking, making, mistaking, remaking, retaking, shaking, taking, waking.
Start with aching
End with aching
bleaching, overreaching, misteaching, overteaching, reattaching, caching, upreaching, overbleaching, leaching, overcoaching, reteaching, bellyaching, broaching, roaching, stomaching, attaching, outcoaching, breaching, pleaching, teaching, reaching, outreaching, reproaching, preaching, impeaching, coaching, forereaching, poaching, beaching, antipoaching, approaching, peaching, nonteaching, outpreaching, unteaching, detaching, baching, encroaching.