Definition of acerb
- sour or bitter in taste. Synonyms: acerbic, astringent.
- harsh or corrosive in tone; "an acerbic tone piercing otherwise flowery prose", "a barrage of acid comments", "her acrid remarks make her many enemies", "bitter words", "blistering criticism", "caustic jokes about political assassination, talk-show hosts and medical ethics", "a sulfurous denunciation", "a vitriolic critique". Synonyms: acerbic, acid, acrid, bitter, blistering, caustic, sulfurous, sulphurous, virulent, vitriolic.
Words nearby acerb
Start with acerb
acerbates, acerbating, acerber, acerbically, acerbity, acerbic, acerbate, acerbest, acerbated, acerbities.
More information about acerb
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- acerb is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 9 points
- acerb is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 9 points
- acerb is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 11 points