Definition of accompaniment
- an event or situation that happens at the same time as or in connection with another. Synonyms: attendant, co-occurrence, concomitant.
- a musical part (vocal or instrumental) that supports or provides background for other musical parts. Synonyms: backup, musical accompaniment, support.
- something added to complete or embellish or make perfect; "a fine wine is a perfect complement to the dinner", "wild rice was served as an accompaniment to the main dish". Synonyms: complement.
- the act of accompanying someone or something in order to protect them. Synonyms: escort.
associate, background, convoy, descant, discant, vamp.
Start with accompaniment
More information about accompaniment
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- accompaniment is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 23 points
- accompaniment is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 23 points
- accompaniment is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 30 points