Definition of accommodate
- be agreeable or acceptable to; "This suits my needs". Synonyms: fit, suit.
- make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose; "Adapt our native cuisine to the available food resources of the new country". Synonyms: adapt.
- provide with something desired or needed; "Can you accommodate me with a rental car?".
- have room for; hold without crowding; "This hotel can accommodate 250 guests", "The theater admits 300 people", "The auditorium can't hold more than 500 people". Synonyms: admit, hold.
- provide housing for; "We are lodging three foreign students this semester". Synonyms: lodge.
- provide a service or favor for someone; "We had to oblige him". Synonyms: oblige. Antonyms: disoblige.
- make (one thing) compatible with (another); "The scientists had to accommodate the new results with the existing theories". Synonyms: conciliate, reconcile.
adjust, anglicise, anglicize, barrack, billet, canton, cultivate, domesticate, electrify, fit, gear, house, keep, naturalise, naturalize, orient, pitch, quarter, seat, shoehorn, sleep, tailor, tame, transcribe, wire.
Rhymes with accommodate
abbreviate, abdicate, abrogate, accelerate, acclimate, accumulate, acetate, activate, adequate, adjudicate, administrate, adulate, adulterate, advocate, affiliate, agglomerate, agglutinate, aggravate, agitate, aguacate.
Start with accommodate