Definition of acclaim
- enthusiastic approval; "the book met with modest acclaim", "he acknowledged the plaudits of the crowd", "they gave him more eclat than he really deserved". Synonyms: acclamation, eclat, plaudit, plaudits.
- praise vociferously; "The critics hailed the young pianist as a new Rubinstein". Synonyms: hail, herald.
- clap one's hands or shout after performances to indicate approval. Synonyms: applaud, clap, spat. Antonyms: boo.
Rhymes with acclaim
aflame, aim, ballgame, blame, boehm, boehme, claim, dame, declaim, defame, disclaim, exclaim, fame, flame, frame, game, inflame, lame, maim, name.
Start with acclaim
acclaiming, acclaimed, acclaimers, acclaimer, acclaims.
End with acclaim
More information about acclaim
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- acclaim is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 13 points
- acclaim is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 13 points
- acclaim is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 17 points