Definition of access
- the right to enter. Synonyms: accession, admission, admittance, entree.
- the right to obtain or make use of or take advantage of something (as services or membership).
- a way of entering or leaving; "he took a wrong turn on the access to the bridge". Synonyms: approach.
- a code (a series of characters or digits) that must be entered in some way (typed or dialed or spoken) to get the use of something (a telephone line or a computer or a local area network etc.). Synonyms: access code.
- (computer science) the operation of reading or writing stored information. Synonyms: memory access.
- the act of approaching or entering; "he gained access to the building".
- obtain or retrieve from a storage device; as of information on a computer.
- reach or gain access to; "How does one access the attic in this house?", "I cannot get to the T.V. antenna, even if I climb on the roof". Synonyms: get at.
address, backdoor, door, entrance, entranceway, entree, entry, entryway.
Rhymes with access
abscess, address, angriness, bashfulness, carefulness, excess, faithfulness, grumpiness, headdress, impress, letterpress, outguess, overdress, pensiveness, process, process, progress, watercress.
Start with access
accessing, accessibleness, accessibly, accessorizing, accessed, accessary, accessory, accessorising, accessibilities, accessorize, accession, accesses, accessional, accessorizes, accessibility, accessorized, accessorial, accessories, accessible, accessioned, accessorises, accessaries, accessorised, accessions, accessioning, accessorise.