Definition of acceptance
- the mental attitude that something is believable and should be accepted as true; "he gave credence to the gossip", "acceptance of Newtonian mechanics was unquestioned for 200 years". Synonyms: credence.
- the act of accepting with approval; favorable reception; "its adoption by society", "the proposal found wide acceptance". Synonyms: acceptation, adoption, espousal.
- the state of being acceptable and accepted; "torn jeans received no acceptance at the country club". Antonyms: rejection.
- (contract law) words signifying consent to the terms of an offer (thereby creating a contract).
- banking: a time draft drawn on and accepted by a bank. Synonyms: banker's acceptance.
- a disposition to tolerate or accept people or situations; "all people should practice toleration and live together in peace". Synonyms: sufferance, toleration.
- the act of taking something that is offered; "her acceptance of the gift encouraged him", "he anticipated their acceptance of his offer".
acceptation, acknowledgement, acknowledgment, acquiescence, approval, bosom, content, contentedness, embrace, fatalism, recognition, vogue, welcome.
Start with acceptance
End with acceptance
More information about acceptance
Scrabble and Words With Friends points
- acceptance is a valid Scrabble US word, worth 18 points
- acceptance is a valid Scrabble UK word, worth 18 points
- acceptance is a valid Words With Friends word, worth 23 points